Art Collider @K'Arts
The Art Collider is an affiliated institution of the Korea National University of Arts which is an art school affiliated with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Republic of Korea. The Art Collider studies/plans education on creative art methods, by from convergence between art genres to the confluence of art, technology and society.
In 2020, Art Collider plans and operates the step-by-step exploration/creation method of ‘Approaching (introduction) – Experimenting (creation practice) – Discussing (presentation and criticism)’ about the convergence of art and technology which is a new field. It is based on research on the method of collaboration between six schools - including Music, Drama, Film, Dance, Visual Arts, Korean Traditional Arts - and on and off-campus for the ‘convergence of art, technology, and culture’.
To educate the foundation of convergent creation with various fields, we chose 'interaction and collaboration' as keywords of this year’s program. The program consists of 1) Team project-oriented Team Learning, which deals with contemporary social issues about art and technology, and 2) Team Playing, which is a creative education through the human's fundamental 'Play' action.
Furthermore, to promote emerging artists that can create and mediate the convergence of art and technology, we provide 3) Support & Showcase as the last stage of ‘Training/Mentoring - creation grants – networking and presentation’. This program will expand through exchanges with various institutions in Korea and overseas.
- Research on social discourse on 'Art and Technology'
- Discourse and program research related to 'convergence of art and technology'
- K'ARTS' 6 Art Schools Co-operation Program
- Media art creation experimentation and methodology education
- Media Technology Lab, Networking
- <Team Learning>, <Team Playing> program operation
Support & Showcase
- Creative support for the experimental convergent art field
- Education and support for creative research and presentation methods
- <Creative Support>, <Showcase> Program Operation